One of the things we’ve noticed since we started BTD is that people consume what we write in a lot of different ways. Many of you visit the web site (and we thank you for that). We also have a number of people that read us via the e-mail newsletter subscription. We’ve also got Facebook and Twitter followers. That’s right, we’re everywhere.
For timely/topical things, or for links to info we think is well done and have no desire to re-create, we’ll quite often publish those to Twitter or Facebook. Which is great – if you both have an account on those services and actually follow/Like us. For those who do not, you’re being cheated; you are not getting your full dose of Beyond The Defaults.
So at the end of the month (starting today), we’ll publish an “In Case You Missed It” – a recap of the activities from all of our outlets. We hope you find it useful.
So without futher adieu….
ICYMI – February 2012
From the web site:
- Send to Kindle
- Talk Tech With Your Kids
- Evernote 102
- 3 Ways: Deleting Mail in iOS
- Facebook Timeline
- Lessons Learned (of the non-technical variety)
- Hiding the Facebook Ticker
- Parents Guide to Texting
- Which E-Mail Address Should I Use?
- Attention iOS5 peeps – here’s another one of those “it’s in there, if you know where to look” kinds of things for Apple devices. In this case, a full emoticon keyboard. How-to: Get emoticons in iMessage and iOS 5 | ZDNet
Hot off the presses, issued today from IBM. Some free tools/kits that can be used to help raise Internet security awareness, a topic that’s near and dear to our hearts at Beyond The Defaults. We love talking about and educating on this stuff – so don’t be shy in asking for our help. IBM Releases Free Internet Security Training Tools to Educate Students, Teachers and Parents
- For our Teacher & Parent friends, this is a great article for how to keep track of your student’s progress using Evernote. How To Create a Portfolio with Evernote (via the Evernote Blog)
- Participate in our Poll: How Many E-Mail Addresses Do You Have?
- 6 ways to make your emails more effective ow.ly/9bzwu – easy & simple, exactly what we like at #BeyondTheDefaults via @WorkingNaked
- A great reason to use @Evernote Clearly plug-in: dealing with poor font/background combos on blog sites. Useless to readable in one click.
- MacWorld’s Jason Snell with a great rundown of what Mountain Lion will bring (looks way cool) – macw.us/z3LWY0
- .@Buttsie23 Yes, iPad3 is on the radar. The bigger question is does it get through the budget committee. Magic 8-ball says “Definitely yes.”
- RT @digitwirl: Today’s Twirl: Google Calendar. digitwirl.com/organization/s… fb.me/1rz4Ofadw
- The Ultimate List of Pinterest Tips http://t.co/kkKXn0lP (via @AmyLynnAndrews )
Have a great month of March, everyone!
See something we missed? Got a question you’d like to see answered here? Just want to chat us up?
Try one of these: